Just been diagnosed

• 38 replies
  • 77 subscribers

Hi Everyone

I was diagnosed with Endometrial carcimona stage l on Tuesday this week.

Emotions are all over the place at the moment, crying one minute angry the next, 

I had MRI/CT Thursday so waiting on  results and the MDT to advise my treatment plan.

Its the waiting and the not knowing that is hardest to take.

I know I am omly starting on this journey, but hope being able to chat with others who have or going through the same  will help me also to come to terms with it.

Honey B

• @Poppy123, where is Marmitefan's diary on her operation? Thank you. 

• Hi Marmitefan.   Thanks for that, I was just going to post that.  

Hope you are keeping well.      Maureen x

• I hope you are feeling a lot better . I had exactly the same issues and was doubled over. The little wheat socks you put in the microwave on your side or tucked into your back helps disperse the air bubbles a little bit. You will find it much better when your mobility improves. I've gone back a step these past few days, bloated right out again and had similar feelings but I think I'd overdone it and done a few things I shouldn't have and learnt my lesson. Take it steady - you'll be amazed how different you feel in a week.

• Hi Cakenport 

Thank you for your advise, 

Im having a bad day today , in a bit of pain and discomfort,have not been able to have a no 2 since yesterday morning, have drank loads of water which then makes my bladder full, i just noticed some bleeding which i havent had since the first day after my op , its only a little bit red, is this normal ? Or should i contact my CNS or doctor

Has anyione else had this problem  ?

I was going to take another Laxido but nit sure now

Suexx

• Hi Sue, sorry you’re having a difficult day. Are you sure you’ve not been overdoing things at all? Lifting anything heavier than a mug of tea? Twisting or bending? I was advised to call the ward rather than my CNS if I was worried about anything so that’s what I did when one of my incisions started weeping a bit. So I’d suggest calling the ward or your CNS if you’re worried and get their advice. I can’t advise on the laxatives as I personally don’t like taking them and would rather eat “real” prunes or figs.

• Hi

Sorry you feel so uncomfortable. I couldn't take the lactulase that the hospital gave me as it made me cramp too much. Instead I took DulcoEase twice a day (not DulcoLax) which was quite gentle.

I was told a bit of bleeding up to 6 weeks is fine and normal. I was also told around Day 10 there might be a bit more of a slightly heavier bleed and this was normal as it would be stitches dissolving. I didn't have this and just had a pretty constant spotting kind of bleed that was pinky/brown. I've only just stopped getting this a few days ago. If you want reassurance I'm sure your CNS won't mind but I wouldn't worry too much.

• Hi thanks ill give the ward a call .

I been resting up been really tired, so just a little 2 to 2 min  walk around the garden , 

Ive also got a headacre which is not budging,

Ill see what they say 

Xx