Just been diagnosed

• 38 replies
  • 76 subscribers

Hi Everyone

I was diagnosed with Endometrial carcimona stage l on Tuesday this week.

Emotions are all over the place at the moment, crying one minute angry the next, 

I had MRI/CT Thursday so waiting on  results and the MDT to advise my treatment plan.

Its the waiting and the not knowing that is hardest to take.

I know I am omly starting on this journey, but hope being able to chat with others who have or going through the same  will help me also to come to terms with it.

Honey B

• Hi Honey, I had two pre-op assessments - one for the hysteroscopy and one for the hysterectomy. As yours wasn’t that long ago they might combine it, but the hysterectomy pre-assessment typically has more elements and takes longer.

• Good news - another step forward xx

• Hi HoneyB.  That’s great news that you have got your date.  It will be over before you know it.  There’s some really good advice on here for helping you prepare.  Marmitefan did a really good diary after her op so if you read those it will really help you. 

Goid luck and take care of yourself when you leave hospital. Listen to your body and test, rest,  rest.  You will be fine.  

Maureen.  Xx

• Hello you lovely ladies,

Thank you all for your  help, advise and support, 

I had my op on Tuesday and was discharged yesterday , so my first day home . I have been in a bit of pain and discomfort so taken it easy, hopefully will feel better tomorrow.

Just have to wait for the histology results which will take 2 to 3 weeks , consultant has said he  still thinks it was contained in the womb and  I would not  need any further treatment, but shall have to wait and see.

• Hi HoneyB.  I’m glad you have had your op. It is a bit painful initially but you will be fine if you listen to your body.  I am 6 weeks post op and still sometimes feel very tired so I have a rest until it passes.  

You’re right about the lovely ladies on here, they certainly helped me from start to finish.  I’m sure you will get lots of good advice from them.  

I’ll just wish you the best of luck whilst you play the waiting game, again.  Always the hardest part.    Positive thoughts and plenty of rest.   Short walks initially will do you good too.   Big hugs.    Maureen. Xx

• Hi HoneyB, it’s great to see you back again and very well done! Whereabouts is the pain and discomfort? The best advice I was given was to listen to my body - and that doesn’t just mean resting when your body says to, but also means trying stuff (like gentle short walks) when you feel like it. Gentle 5 min walks twice a day, standing up straight, will help your digestion, clear your lungs and get your circulation going. And the fresh air will also do you good! I’d advise keeping your diet light while your digestion gets back to normal, as that should also help minimise wind pains. You should feel a little bit better every day and I wish you all the best for your recovery,

• Hi marmitefan59

Thanks for the advise , the pain is around the tummy area  its feels like a pulling sensation  I think its also not been able to have a bowel movement yet.

Have been walking a little to clear the gas so hopefully it will get easier.

Ive drank peppermint tea and lots of water and having read your profile also took your advise on having a light diet,.

• Hi . Glad to hear you're home after your op. The pain and discomfort will gradually go, don't forget you've had a major op so take it very easy to start with. If your body says rest then do so. Have you taken anything for a bowel movement? I'd recommend Laxidol or Movicol they're very effective. You'll feel relief when you've had your first movement. The bowel does take a while to settle down after these ops.

Sending hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Barb

I did eventually take a laxido yesterday evening which has helped , feel a lot brighter today, not in as much discomfort as you say it will take time to heal just not a patient patient.

Big hugs 

Sue x

• Sue, I can relate as I’m not a patient patient either! Every day you will be a little bit better - celebrate every little milestone!