Feeling alone

• 14 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Thank you Highlander.  After just one episode of post menopausal bleeding I have received a diagnosis of grade 3 endometrial cancer.  It has come as such as shock and I’m going through so many emotions at the moment.  My husband has been so supportive but as the end of the day it’s me who has this cancer growing in me.  I have read other posts and know that everyone has their own story and concerns so my good wishes go out to you all. Hugging

• Dear Emm I cried when I read your profile.  I cant’t imagine the heartache you went through with your son-what name did you give him?  You will still always be his mummy and daddy.  I am so grateful that due to covid testing and vaccines I have only had to self isolate since yesterday.  I have kept busy today and have popped some peppermint tea bags in my hospital bag.  Take care and a big hug to you XX

• Good luck for tomorrow Walkinglady. I know exactly how you are feeling as I was where you are 2 weeks ago and had my hysterectomy on November 23rd. The reality was nowhere near as bad as the anticipation. They looked after me so well and you just need to relax into their hands, they know what they are doing. I came home the next day and have been lucky to have had a relatively easy recovery so far with lots of napping, a few minor bladder and bowel problems but very little pain. Even better, I had my follow up appointment this morning and was told they removed all the cancer as it was contained inside the womb. Sending you good thoughts and best wishes for an equally good outcome. xx

• Thank you Mapleseed, everyone seems to say that the nurses are so good and kind.  I have contacted my CCN team a couple of times for clarification and they have been great.  Hope you continue to recover and it is really good news about your following up results xx

• Aw walkinglady, your message is so kind. Our sons name is Elliott, he would be 30 in February. Not a single day goes by when we don’t think of him, speak of him, he is a huge part of our family. The pain we suffered by his loss has been immense, when you look forward to a due date for the best part of 9 months, everything, your expectations, excitement, apprehension, revolves around that date, and then we had to cancel everything and receive sympathy cards instead of new baby cards, it is as clear today as the day he was born. He was, is and always will be so loved. Thank you so much for asking about him, it means so much to me.

You will be in my thoughts all day tomorrow, and you will be fine - you’ve got this! I had to drink lots of pre operative drinks the night before and 5am the same morning as our health trust follow the enhanced recovery programme, do you have to do this? Every health trust seems to be different. This time tomorrow you will be sat looking around and thinking gosh, it’s over, I did this and I’m fine!  I’m always around for you if you need a chat, and I will look forward to hearing from you as soon as your up to it afterwards. Lots of hugs and love, Emm xx