Hello all

• 11 replies
  • 72 subscribers

I’ve been lurking for a while and decided it’s time to move on from denial, admit I belong here and introduce myself. I had a hysterectomy a week ago today after being diagnosed with Stage 1b, grade 1 endometrial cancer. Surgery was laparoscopic with just 3 small incisions which are glued, so no stitches to worry about and I haven’t had a lot of pain. But had a bit of a ‘funny turn’ the day after the op and was rushed off to another hospital with a suspected TIA, sent home that night but have had various trips back to hospital and phone calls with doctors since so haven’t felt very relaxed yet. I finally got the verdict yesterday from a stroke consultant that it wasn’t a TIA, most likely an anaesthetic reaction. So now I can stop worrying about that and go back to worrying about the cancer! I have my follow up appointment next Monday when I find out if the stage and grade are confirmed and whether I’ll need any further treatment. I live on my own and my brother stayed with me until yesterday, now alone but people around I can call on if I need to. Feeling fine though, happily resting in my recliner chair watching rubbish TV and very pleased I don’t need to go anywhere until next Monday!