What happens at first consultant appointment?

• 18 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hello, 

Not too sure i actually belong here but thought i might try anyway.  At the beginning of November i had some very, very slight vaginal bleeding. I am 61 and over 10 years since my last period. Checked it all out and all the advice was to see my GP.   Filled in one our GP surgery e-consult forms fully expecting them to say it wasn't an issue and to monitor it. Instead i got a call back less than 2 hours later, (Friday morning). I was then offered a GP appointment face to face for Monday!  Attended that appointment and had all the usual examinations. GP then referred me on the Two Week pathway for checks for uterine cancer. Thursday of the same week i had an ultrasound and a trans-vaginal ultrasound.  I now have an appointment with the consultant for 10/11!   

Can anyone give me an idea on what happens at the appointment with the consultant? Want to be prepared if i can.

I know i have not got a diagnosis but i am sure someone on this group has gone through the same issues.

Interesting contrast that my friend submitted a e-consult form with her GP surgery (different one, same town) over two weeks ago and has not even received a reply to that form!!! 

I am aslo currently dealing with my husband being in hospital with appendicitis where i can only visit him for 1 hour twice a week!!