Waiting biopsy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 89 subscribers

Hi I have a thickened wall and thybroids possibly bad but they want to do biopsy under general and I'm scared . Had 4 c sections and gran died at 56 from cancer womb so I'm scared Fearful

• Hi Lightstar, see my post above. I know exactly how you are feeling. Why are you having it done under general? I had one last week with no sedation or anaesthetic. I've been told to take strong painkillers an hour before the hysteroscopy.

• Hi Lightstar,

Sorry you find yourself here. I don't know how old you are, but I know fibroids shrink after the menopause. They weren't worried about mine!!  I also wouldn't worry about the fact your gran died with womb cancer. My husband had throat cancer 14 years ago, when I knew my grandad hadn't survived it. But, grandad had no radiotherapy. (no such thing then) Times have changed and treatments have greatly improved. Good luck xxxx

• Hello Lightstar, welcome to the forum. I’m no expert, but as you’ve had 4 c sections I’m presuming you probably have problems having any sort of examination in there! So a general will make it much easier for everyone. It’s natural that you are feeling scared stiff, and worried, you don’t know what you’re dealing with yet. We all agree here that the waiting is the worst thing. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long for an answer, so fingers crossed for you, and as Nannyanny  has already said, treatment is very good these days for all sorts of problems.

Viv x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Deborino

4 c sections so can go in as all in tact no natural birth . Muscles too tight so I be in in the next week but be in lots of pain as I had lots of scar tissue and a rupture of outer wall years ago im 52 . 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to NannyAnny

Thankyou x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jigsaw33

Thankyou keep bursting into tears when I'm on my own 

• Aw, chin up Lightstar. There are lots of other things it could be, not necessarily cancer, so try not to worry yourself for now. I was diagnosed with womb cancer aged 56. Totally surprised. I had surgery to remove womb, cervix, ovaries and fallopian tubes. I did not need further treatment. I am still here fighting fit over 3 years later. Wishing you all the best. LR.

• Hi . That's one thing we've all got in common here. The ability to burst into tears when alone but you're not alone here, we're all here for you.

Barb xx 

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

That's beautiful 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LittleRunner

Wow that's massive did you you have any problems after .