Saying Hello from Polak

• 3 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hi I have just had a biopsy but the Consultant said she would be so surprised if it wasn't cancer so am just waiting on final confirmation.  I have pain in my lower back and front so I know I have something seriously wrong and I believe the Gynaecologist has enough expenitence to know when she sees cancer.   

Anyway just saying a anxious Hello!

• Hi Lolak, I can relate to as you during my consultation with the Gynaecologist in December 2020, I knew she thought it was something serious as her attitude changed the minute she performed my ultrasound and then a biopsy on me, I also had pain in my front and lower back, so even though my results then confirmed early stage cancer I was convinced that it was something more serious until I had my hysterectomy. I just want to say (that although I really hope you don’t have cancer) that after my hysterectomy in January I have been feeling a lot better with no pain so please try too stay as positive as you can and just take every day as it comes. Wishing you all the best. Caroline x

• Thank you Caroline you have given me some reassurance xx Elizabeth 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to our little corner of the Online Community. Here you'll find a lovely group of supportive ladies who have all been exactly where you are now. A possibility of cancer diagnosis brings all sorts of stress and fears and if anyone can hold your hand and reassure you we will. We're all at the start, in the middle or the end of what can only be described as a roller-coaster ride. The ride no-one wants to get on.

When you have a minute, it would be helpful if you could pop something about your  journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. (It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.) To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can update it at any time and if you're not sure what you should write have a quick look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you want to ask any of us any questions please come back and do so. There's always someone around and we can offer a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or listen to a rant, we’re here for you.

It might also be a good idea to download this booklet Understanding Womb (Endometrial) Cancer I found it invaluable in my journey. 

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear. It's free to call on 0808 808 00 00  8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look to see what is available by Clicking here .

There is also an Ask an Expert section, but you should allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx Hugging

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett