Waiting on biopsy results

• 2 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hello, I hope it is ok to post here, I’m struggling with the waiting. 

I am 39 years old and have been having very heavy periods that became irregular about six months ago, I have had pain in my pelvic area and back and fell exhausted all the time. I went to gynaecologist on Tuesday and she did an US both internal and external and said she was unsure of the thickness of my womb lining because it was difficult to see. She asked if I had fibroids before (which is no) and then did a biopsy, but then she had tongs and I think she was possibly trying to cut something out but the pain was so unbearable she had to stop. She said she had enough tissue for the biopsy and she would arrange an MRI and write to me with results. 

I’ve googled all of this and ended up here, I’m naturally worried and just feel in limbo. The gynaecologist commented on my c section scar saying it could be why she can’t see very well but that she could see ‘bubbles’ which is why she’s arranging the MRI. Has anyone else had previous c sections and has this caused the scan to be unclear? Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance. 

• Hi Butterfly dreams,

Sorry to see you here, but there are lots of supportive ladies here. We've all been through it.

I had an operation on the neck of my womb in my 20's, then had to have 2 babies stitched in, so it must have looked very mangled. My consultant called me in to explain this. She said she didn't want any nasty surprises when she got in there!! She was satisfied with my answer, so I guess she couldn't tell all this from the scan, just that it looked different!! You may have similar scarring. Try not to worry. I found they are very good these days at sorting things out. I was quite amazed at all the tests they have. xxxx

• Thank you for your reply. I suppose they must be used to seeing scarring and are carrying out tests to be sure.