Polyectomy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 87 subscribers

I have a thickened endometrium wall, possibly due to Tamoxifen which was picked up on an ultrasound scan. They called me and arranged an urgent hysteroscopy(in 2 weeks). Had a hysteroscopy on Monday and they also removed some polyps.

They told me they’d write with results in about 2 weeks. But today (Wednesday) I had a call to arrange a telephone consultation for Tuesday next week

I had reported some pain in my bladder too but this extra appointment wasn’t expected so now I’m worried!

Do you think this seems a bit quick to have results of the histology so quickly ? It could just be to follow up on some of my bladder issues but I’m not sure!

anyone had anything similar happen? 

• Hello ,

sorry to hear your dealing with all this worry,I have heard that taxoxifen can cause some ladies extra problems, but I don’t really know much about it as I have not taken it and can only go by what others have experienced.Your right in thinking the telephone consultation could be for a number of issues that your dealing with. I think with covid that everything is being done differently and it takes some getting used to, i hope that it’s nothing to worry about, maybe they decided to call you instead of writing especially with the extra problem with the bladder that you reported. I will certainly be keeping my fingers crossed for you. If it turns out it’s cancerous then it sounds like they want to be able to talk though everything with you, rather then writing. I know telephone consultations are a-bit strange but at least it gives you chance to talk through all your concerns and worries. 

Although not the same I remember my urologist surprising me with an extra appointment that had my head in a tailspin, because I had another appointment as a post op about a week later. Especially as he could of told me everything at my post op appointment, but sometimes consultants surprise us.

sending you some gentle bear hugs and fingers crossed for you over your results 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Hi Hunter,

I was called back earlier than expected, but it turned out my consultant was going on holiday, and she wanted to tell me there was no further treatment needed before she went. Did nothing for my blood pressure!  They might be squeezing you in before Christmas, too. Good luck. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a trainee arranging things on behalf of the consultant and I'm just wondering that another health care professional would like added tests just to make a more thorough diagnosis.  You will do what we have all done on here and second guess but rest assured you will feel so much better when you get all your answers.

Janet

• Hello HunterDB, have a notebook and pen ready for your phone-call.  You can make a list beforehand of anything you want to ask, and you can also write down anything they tell you.  Ask for a number for someone you can call later if you have any further questions arising from the phone-call.  Maybe a nurse or the consultant's secretary.  Try not to second-guess why they could be phoning you.  Whatever it is, they are obviously dealing with it quickly.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to GBear

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. Trying not to worry until I have something to worry about! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yes stopped googling now ...was sending myself crazy!  Thanks for your reply 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LittleRunner

Thanks, writing questions ahead is a great idea! I always write down what they say but I will be more prepared. Keeping myself busy until then!