Stage and grade after hysterectomy

• 35 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Has anyone had the same stage and grade after the hysterectomy as advised by MRi before ? 

im worried it may change  so wondered if sometimes they remain the same 

Ive been advised stage 1a. Grade 1 from MRI 

• Fingers crossedI'll ask mine at my pre assessment tomorrow 

• Mollysue, unless you’re able to see your CNS or consultant after the pre op, just to warn you that the nurses doing the pre op are general nurses not gynae cancer nurses and are unlikely to be able to answer anything specific to your case/op.

• At my pre-op appointment I saw nurses who did ECG, weight, blood pressure, height etc and a pharmacist who went through my medications. I also had to have blood tests.

Discussion around epidural happened when I saw the anaesthetist just before the operation. I was given the option to have one but I chose not to. Every hospital does things differently I believe.

In the meantime you can ring your Macmillan nurse to ask about epidural (if you want one). They can let you know what usually happens at your hospital. 

My pain relief was excellent - with no epidural - and others had excellent pain relief without epidural. It is your body and your choice and the anaesthetists who looked after me were amazing.

• I meant to say pain relief can be effective with - or without - epidural. Have a chat with your anaesthetist about the options available to you. They can explain it better than me. My anaesthetists were so lovely. 

• No I don't want one really but will see what happens when I ask 

thanks 

• I am  worried about being put to sleep but know it seems qukck  and your awake again 

I have had 2 Ga  but just for polpys so I am scared and also seems a long operation 

• I rang my nurse over Xmas and then again today but she hasn't rang m back yet 

I left the qs with the reception and she said ask at pre assessment too tomorrow 

• I think it is normal and understandable to be worried. Everyone would feel the same I think.

Let your anaesthetist know how you feel. They want you to feel as settled and safe as possible. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mine stayed the same. It was restaged and graded prior to surgery after an MRI x

• I wasn't given a stage before the hysterectomy although they believed it was confined to the womb from the CT, they told me it was grade 2 or 3. After the hysterectomy, they confirmed it was stage 1b and grade 3