Serous G3 stage 2 more scans

• 12 replies
  • 62 subscribers

Hi all,

just a quick question. I was originally given diagnosis of G3 stage 1a. Post hysterectomy (3 weeks post op) this is altered to stage 2 so more scans requested CT with contrast. Had scans just before operation. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you 

• Hi Anna

It sounds like they knew it was a grade 3 before the surgery and felt that it was only in the womb lining so a stage 1a. To go to a stage 2 would suggest that they have found some tiny cells in your cervix so the scans would be to double check things. The contrast just gives a clearer picture. 

It sounds like they are being ultra cautious in making sure all is ok before deciding whether it would be wise to have some follow up treatment. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Jane

Thanks for your reply. Yes, knew it was G3 before hysterectomy and in lining womb, hence 1a. They had told me to expect radiotherapy but I presume they just want to make sure no other treatment is required so scans being performed.

• Hi AnnaS, I had a planning CT with contrast pre radiotherapy - maybe the same thing? 

• If they told you to expect radiotherapy it may be your radiotherapy planning scan. They do it about 2/3 weeks before so they have time to plan your treatment. You would likely get a phone call from radiotherapy dept and they would talk you through what will happen. For me it was about an hour appointment. To prepare before the scan, do the mini enema, drink some water and then 30 minutes later was the scan and tattoo dots. The scan itself was very quick and then they give you some time to chat through the radiotherapy and answer any questions. I had external radiotherapy. Some ladies get offered brachytherapy instead. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Jane for all your advice. Naturally just worried about spread. Take care 

• FWIW I didn’t have to do a mini enema - it varies from hospital to hospital 

• I had diabnosis of G2/3 1a.  Post hystorectomy I was upgraded to G3 Stage 111C - They found it in the lymph nodes on the Right and some LSV on the left.  Now in week 2 of chemo and then Radio and Bracio.  All a pain in the arse - but stage 2 sounds better!  Good luck. x

• Hi Rachart. Thank you for adding your comments. I have been told today that my lymph nodes were enlarged and need pet scan. So worried. They did advise radiotherapy if treatable or chemo if not to contain it!! X