Question regarding how I get results

• 25 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi.  Waiting for my histology results following hysterectomy. Now 10 days since operation.  I wasn't sure how the results are given. Do you have to go in or can they be given over phone.  I'm finding the waiting incredibly hard 

• Tashton, it would be perfectly in order for you to ask your CNS how you will hear at least. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MarmiteFan59

Hi Marmitefan,

It's very strange. For years on an account called Patient Access through my old GP I could always see blood results. I signed up for the patient knows best app via my new GP when I moved which links to NHS app and after my op everything including X-ray images was on there then all of a sudden disappeared. They must have realised the error and took them off. Do think blood results should be on there though? 

• Hi

I waited almost 4 weeks for my results, and got a telephone call to make an appointment to go in, then told the results at the appointment.  It is awful waiting and worrying, try not to overthink and do things to take your mind off it all, which I know is hard!  Be kind to yourself.

Good luck with your results and everything else.

Ange

• Hi Hops5, based on my own, I’d say yes they should be. I’d suggest that you download the NHS app directly and see what you get! You could also phone, E Consult or email your surgery to check that the right required permissions have been given to the app. 

• Hi  

I never knew any of this existed! My NHS app doesn't show any of this.

• Hi  

What exactly should we be able to access on our NHS app please? 

Letters and histology results?

Thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MarmiteFan59

Thanks, I will do. I wonder if whoever realised I shouldn't have been able to see everything took away all permissions by accident. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KT89

Hi KT89,

I'm pretty sure blood test results should be on there, all letters re appointments and letters from hospital to GP. I'm going to follow up on this tomorrow. I'll let you know x

• Hi KT89, it’s whatever our GP surgeries have requested that we can see, I get copies of letters, blood test results, copies of consultation notes, MRI results (though not cancer related ones). If you want to see more than you do, I suggest you ask. I originally asked my GP to release my notes to their own System OnLine site, and because I’d done that, they automatically showed up on the NHS app. 

• Mine are all on a app not the doctors nhs one but my hospital nhs record app which I logged into and can view 

this is where my letters are to my GP results blood tests  appointments etc so I can access them all and read them 

I get an email telling me when anything been added and this is where I saw my comments from my histology sent to my dr 

They can also see when I've read anything