Question regarding how I get results

• 25 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi.  Waiting for my histology results following hysterectomy. Now 10 days since operation.  I wasn't sure how the results are given. Do you have to go in or can they be given over phone.  I'm finding the waiting incredibly hard 

• I had to wait over 3 weeks for mine and had to chase 

I saw a letter to my gp  and me  on line as I have access to my hospital notes  telling  me my histology   after my operation and then a nurse rang me as well 2 days later 

• Waiting is the absolute worst in all of this.  I had a meeting booked for 15 days after the op with gyno at the hospital.  When she started asking me why I hadn’t brought my partner and did I want to wait until someone was with me  I guessed it was bad (gone from1a to 3c). I guess each place is different.  Good luck with yours

• It varies - I suggest phoning your CNS and asking. My hospital was extremely organised thankfully and prebooked my results appointment at the same time as my hysterectomy appointment (on 2nd MDT day post op, ie 13 days after) so I was lucky as I always knew when I’d get them. They did all results appointments in person.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mollysue

Hi Mollysue,

How you doing? just picking up on you saying you have access to your hospital notes. Is this through the NHS app or something like Patient Knows Best? The reason I ask, is that I have access to both and when I was first diagnosed, everything was on there, I could see everything, then all of a sudden the whole lot disappeared off there. The only thing I ever see now are my hospital appointment letters.

Hop

• It is through my nhs hospital app and shows everything 

I just log on 

all tests results , apts   and letters  etc and I get an email when anything has been added 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mollysue

How strange, it's the same app I have yet everything has disappeared. I will have to look into it. I get emails to say things have been added but it is only ever my appointment letters....

• I had similar until Hysterectomy when results stopped getting posted. 

• Hi Tashton

Mine were given over the phone at 3 1/2 weeks post op. I did chase them up and the surgeon actually phoned me himself. I then had a call from one of the CNS team, by arrangement, the following day. 

The waiting is one of the hardest things. Do you know which day the MDT meeting is? At my hospital that tends to be the day that phone calls happened. There is no harm in giving your CNS a call and asking when they can be expected and to talk about your preference whether to be told via phone or appointment. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• They did tell me approximately 3 weeks so I think it's just my anxiety wanting it to be now.  MDT is a Monday.  I just want to know if further treatment required 

• Hop5, it’s highly unusual for cancer histology results to appear on the NHS app, especially before someone has been told by their consultant or registrar. I’ve not heard of it happening before as most places would make sure it didn’t happen. I have the NHS app, a specific NHS app for my hospital and the Airmid app, and my cancer histology didn’t show on there.