Chemoradiation week 3 !

• 4 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Afternoon ladies - update number 3 ! This week after 2nd Chemo was slightly different than first. Saturday afternoon found me feeling a bit off balance, like I’d had a drink ! Which I hadn’t-  lasted all Sunday - weird feeling - but was gone by Monday , I mentioned it at my Tuesday weekly review and she took my blood pressure sitting and standing and it was fine, she said it was most likely just the chemo and wasn’t worried, so neither am I. As usual I had no sleep after the steroids on Thursday chemo day and the day after but made up for it Sunday and Monday 9 hrs solid sleep !! 
To top it all radio runs have started, not too severe and only taken loparimide twice. On the whole still feeling well. 

Radiotherapy has gone fairly smoothly with a couple of changes due to machine breakdown - it happens but as I live close by it’s fine and I always call before I drink. 

Chemo day was smooth, unit was quiet and I got chatting to a lovely lady having her first treatment, it was nice to put her at ease  as I’d been in her shoes a couple of sessions previous. I was in 8 and finished at 2, still got the thistle up the bum from the steroids and I mentioned my sleeplessness ans she said either you have a super clean house or you’ve binge watched everything on Netflix - definitely not the former JoyWink
Radiotherapy was a little tricky as my bladder was too full from all the fluids at chemo - suffice to say I’ve mastered the art of letting out just a bit of wee ! Those pelvic floor exercises work ! 
So to end on a real positive I’m half way through radiotherapy and 3/5 through Chemo ! 
Have a good week everyone lots of love and hugs 

Chrissie xx