Scared

• 53 replies
  • 65 subscribers

I was diagnosed two weeks ago with endometrial cancer. I had an MRI last week and have just had the results today. It shows that the tumour has filled the uterus but not much invasion into the muscle which is good but they have found a mass on one of my ovaries which looks abnormal. I am beside myself with worry now as to whether this is the cancer that has spread or actually ovarian cancer as well as. Did anyone else have this result from an MRI? 

• Spoken to my nurse again today to go through the MRI results again. The mass is a cyst but it does have some cancerous appearances that’s why they need to check it but it could also be benign. It has given me a bit of hope that it could not be cancerous after all and then i’m just dealing with the endometrial cancer which looks to be early stage if the ovary isn’t involved. Trying to think a bit more positively but will know more tomorrow after the MDT meeting. I have had chest pains on the right side and a tickly cough for weeks (negative covid test) and was panicking it had spread to my lungs but she said my lymph nodes aren’t swollen on the MRI scan so this is unlikely. I’m starting to think the cough and pains are due to anxiety Cos they get worse when I’m having a bad day but then are hardly there on other days. Didn’t sleep very well at all last night, couldn’t help thinking about the worst case situation. Apologies for ranting xx

• Hi Bella,

We have all had the sleepless nights and the worrying. My daughter had an ovarian cyst in her 20's which pressed on her bladder. It was the size of an orange and solid so she had to have a cut to get it out. That was cancerous in the middle, but as it was contained in the cyst she needed no other treatment and went on to conceive with the one ovary some years later! 

Wishing you all the best. xxxx

• Fingers crossed for you and we all need to rant when going threw this it’s an awful situation to be in. I am glad your cancer is at an early stage that’s good news. We have all had the sleepless nFingers crossedhts over it I used to wake having a panic attack but once I had my plan off my MDT meeting it calmed me down a bit hope it does that for you let me no how u get on tomorrow. Take each day as it CoFingers crosseds good luck Fingers crossed sending you well wishes xxd

• Hey ,

Don't be sorry for having a rant, you go girl! Its better to express it then keep it inside. With what your dealing with your going thought all kinds of thoughts and yes I believe, I hope after the MDT meeting and they have spoken to you there will be a plan of action which strangely really helps set our mind a bit straighter. Fingers crossed tomorrow remember if it helps write all the question's you want to ask down as this really helps for you to feel fully informed.

Fingers crossed Pray

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• Hi Bella.    How did you get on today xx

• Just had the call from my nurse. It is never ending :-( I now have to go for a ct scan to see if it has spread anywhere else. They are worried that the cancer had gone along the Fallopian tube to my ovary and that it could have gone elsewhere and the MRI not picked it up. They are then going to refer it to the bigger hospital in Leeds a week on Wednesday for everything to be relooked at. I am so frightened that something will show on the ct with me having this cough. I don’t know how I am going to cope for another two weeks waiting. The CA125 tests have come back normal though which is good news. 

• Awww bloody hell hope you are ok fingers it hasn’t spread and the cough is just a cough it’s so hard not to worry try some exercise get your Body as fit as possible ready for surgey. Good news on the  blood test the waiting really is the worst part wat date will your ct scan be xx

• Well on the positive front they are giving you a good look over and your CA125 test results coming back normal. Hopefully its not spread anywhere else but netter to check for sure. The waiting game is awful we will all admit to that, but fingers crossed for your CT scan.

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• She said she was hopeful it would be next week then they would have the results back for the MDT meeting the following week. I am Just so scared. My mum died in 2007 at 53 of a huge cyst that was cancer. They didn’t find it until it was too late and think the cancer had gone everywhere by then. She died within 4 weeks of finding out she was poorly. Im 37 and dreaded this all my life and now it’s happening. :-( I keep trying to really think positive but I just seem to get bad news after every scan.