Vulva Cancer, and worry about my pet cat. Nobody covers this subject

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Want to cover all aspects of Vulva Cancer.

Also the need for folk to talk about care of their pets when in hospital.

The urgent need for hospitals to explain more in detail. I was allowed to tape all my consultations.  Which really helped me in so so many ways.

• Hi  

My name is Steph, I'm part of the Community team here at Macmillan. May I wish you another warm welcome to the Online Community. Although I’m sure it’s a membership you did not want to have to join, I hope you will find it helpful to be part of this lovely community.

I hope you don't mind me popping in here, I just spotted your post and wanted to share some information about pet care with you that you might find helpful.

We understand how important pets can be and have a dedicated forum on the Online Community called 'Animals are family too'. It's a place where members can ask questions about pet care, share photos and stories about their pets or other animals. You would be very welcome to join.

Our lovely Community Champion volunteer Jane  wrote about the importance of her pets during her cancer journey in the guest blog here. You might bump into Jane in the  'Animals are family too' forum.

Some members find it helpful to update their profile with some information about themselves so others can see what has brought you to the Online Community. You can find some help with updating your profile here.

On the main Macmillan cancer information and support pages, you can find a section about pet care when you have cancer which might be helpful to have a read through. If you have any questions or need further support, our Support Line teams are available 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00email or live webchat.

I hope this is helpful and please do get in touch with myself and the team if you'd like any further help with using the forums. You can send a PM (private message) to  or email us at community@macmillan.org.uk

Steph
    Online Community Officer