Vulva Biopsy this week

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hello

I am having a vulva biopsy this Wednesday, it's under general anaesthetic as I am too sore for local.

I am convincing myself of the worst which I know is not good, but I am a bit freaked out that the information sheet says 3 to 4 weeks for results.

I am in agony as I can't avoid putting pressure on the lump and apart from the dreaded wait I can't cope with the pain for any longer. I am sure it will be even worse afterward. I don't want to be palmed off with advice to just take over the counter painkillers as they do nothing now. Will they give me proper painkillers does anyone know.

Thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Nellie, I had a punch biopsy taken on Tuesday from my labia. I've not experienced pain to the degree you've described from my lump. Mostly chronic itching and pain under pressure.

My biopsy was done with local anesthetic. Once that wore off I experienced discomfort for about 24 hours throughout parts of 'down there' that weren't even affected however it wasn't anything some paracetamol and rest couldn't help. 

I'm still a bit sore and can't sit at a hard chair for very long. It's stingy when I put vaseline on the stitches and itchier than ever.

I'm feeling petrified waiting 4 weeks for my results!

I hope it doesn't cause you too much pain and I'm sorry you're suffering so much now 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Theona

I already can't sit on a hard chair for long.

I've got to the stage where I just want the pain to go whatever it is.

Hope for good results for you