Help to deal with what next

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi Ladies , I was diagnosed with grade2 valva cancer 3 months ago and since then a have had radical local excision to remove the tumour. Which although they removed and were pleased with said i would need more surgery in the future. I have now been informed that they want me to have bilateral  sentinel node biopsies . I know this is to see if the cancer has spread . I just wondered if  anyone else has been through this process and how you cope with the waves of anxiety .Thanks for reading x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello ew1, I’m sorry to hear that your going through this. I’ve had 18 operations to remove cancer, vin3 and AIN3. It’s been a real nightmare I’m not gonna lie. The anxiety that comes with it no one really understands and you kinda feel alone with the process even with a lot of people around you. I’ve not had to have the bilateral sentinel node biopsies but my advice would be just go with it. You need to have them checked and the sooner the better. Everything is easier treated when caught early. I really do wish you all the best of luck. If you feel like crying then cry, if you feel stressed just let it out, if you just want to have a happy day then do that but don’t beat yourself up about the anxiety it just means your human. 

take care and please update us of your progress. 

jods.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi jods Thankyou for replying .Yes i know i need to go with what they are doing and they do know best  .But the waiting is the worsted and i have to go out of area to have the node biopsy done .Which makes it hard on my husband  as we are both self employed . You are right about letting your emotions out ,but i  hate upsetting my family and friends that have been supporting me .I  Suppose i have always been quite in dependent so find it hard asking for help in any form  .Have always been the one looking after everyone . I need to be mellow go with the flow . As you say be human You are right about being surrounded by people but feeling alone.. Again thankyou .Take care yourself will keep you posted

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

No worries at all. I can imagine the stress you are going through but honestly you have to try and find a way of telling yourself that all the stressing and worry in the world will not help you or make you feel any better. Try to stay positive I know it’s hard. 

As for asking for help I am right there with you girl! I hate asking for help in any form myself. I always try to deal with things and smile when I’m around people. It leaves you feeling like a weeble wobble... you get knocked down, deal with all the draining brain shit alone and bounce back smiling ready to save the rest of the world again. Sometimes you have to put yourself first though. I’ve started just saying how I feel now instead of hiding it because the only people we cheat are ourselves. Ask yourself...what makes all those people that you help all the time, any more important than you? The answer is nothing. 

The loneliness of it all can get to you so if you find yourself struggling you can talk to me, I don’t mind. I just want to help and try to stop people putting themselves through unnecessary turmoil. 

good luck I wish you all the best mate. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

i had my sentinel nodes out at the same time I had my cancer removed because it was bigger than they first thought. So my experience is slightly different. Happy to share my experience if you think Bouquet helpful Bouquet