Concerned it is back

• 4 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi. I have recently had surgery and just finishing my last few sessions of radiotherapy for vulva cancer. My skin is very sore however I have noticed an ulcer type sore on my labia which was partially left following surgery. I am so concerned that even before my treatment has finished it has returned 

• Hello Tracey1

I am sorry to see this and understand your concern. My advice would be to get it checked and hopefully get some reassurance.

If you still have a session of radiotherapy to go, maybe you could ask the radiotherapist to check your skin? Mine did regularly to check for any soreness caused by the radiotherapy. They would also be able to ask for the doctor to check it if it concerned them? 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for responding Jane. I will do this. It’s just so upsetting to get so far towards the end for this to possibly not be 

• yes, I totally understand how upsetting it must be. I just wonder with having the surgery and then the radiotherapy treatments whether it is possibly part of the healing and the radiotherapists would be the quickest to have a look as they are treating you and would know what looks normal at this stage. If it does concern them then they can get it checked with your consultant. Good Luck 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm