UPDATE: VIN 3, pre surg how did you feel? Oh then post-op?

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

So, had the surgery last week Friday. The doctor said that she had to cut more tissue out of the lesion than expected, and having to cut/ablation on more places than planned for. Really, there just was more there than we all thought. Of course the doctor has sent in tissue for a biopsy, but mentioned I might need some lymph nodes removed. SCARY!! We will see. 

Post-op, I'm ok. The first couple days after surgery I was pretty derpy, without much pain. Since then, I have some pain such as an ache where stitches pull, and some sharp pains when I move my leg too far or too quickly. Bending does that to me too; bend down to reach the floor needs a bit of thought and planning. Pain is controlled by paracetemol/tylenol and topical ointments like Lidocaine. 

Really, the idea of surgery is scarier than going through it - have faith.

Listen to your doctor! Get circulation going around the healing area by sitz baths. Move legs and feet to stay away from DVT/clots/edema. Take your meds on time to keep the pain quiet and manageable. 

• Hello Catloving75

I hope you do not mind me replying as I had a different type of cancer to you (womb) but I noticed that you had not yet had a response and thought that by doing so it would bring your post to the top, and hopefully someone sharing your experience would see it and reply. 

I am glad that you have had your surgery and are now recovering. I am sure it will help others facing a similar surgery to know that you found the idea of the surgery worse than the reality. I am glad that paracetamol and lidocaine are controlling your pain. 

Its sound like some good advice to others to listen to your doctor, improve healing by using sitz baths, moving legs and feet to prevent swelling and clots. And I also found with my surgery that regularly taking my meds did help keep pain under control. 

Thank you for posting- I am sure your post will help others.

I hope that your recovery continues to go well. If there is anything that you need please do ask.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I had my surgery 7 weeks ago as some VIN shown in last years operation had changed into cancer.  My surgeon suggested using Manuka Healing honey on the wound Nauseated face which is messy and difficult to apply but it has worked and I have had no infection and the final scabs have fallen off.  DO ask your Consultant if that would help you as most Doctors I’ve spoken tJoy catfind it a novel idea! Take things slowly (which I find difficult) and I use a shower head twice a day and then was allowed a bath at 2 weeks - completely different advice from the first time so it iJoy catdifficult to know how to help you…..but you will get through it and I just wanted you to know there is someone out there who is going through what you are.  I also kept the cat out of my bedroom Joy cat  keep going Smiley cat