Not convinced?

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi, I've posted a couple of times as I was awaiting a gynaecology appointment for a lesion I found. 

I went today, was there for seconds and he's said it is a sebaceous cyst.  I know he's an expert but I'm just not convinced- it doesn't look like any I can see online, it's flat and reddish like a bruise, it doesn't feel firm or fluid filled it's more like thickened skin and more surface level and not a moveable lump.  Is there anything I can do to get it looked at again- Im thinking it should have been a dermatologist rather than a gynaecologist, or am I overthinking and best to wait and see if it goes away?  

If I'd looked at sebaceous cysts first I'd have questioned it but I assumed it was right until I searched after. 

• Hello Bambiboo

I am sorry to see that although you have seen the gynaecologist you still have worries about the lesion. 

I would say trust your instincts as you know your own body and there is no harm in talking to your GP to see if he/she feels that a referral to a dermatologist would help. If not he/she may be able to recommend a treatment for it - if it is a cyst - or monitoring it, while checking regularly to see if it changes over time. 

Take care

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm