Looking for support

• 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi my name is Josie , I have Vulva cancer And I am due to have a operation in Jaunary with lymph nodes removed as well. I live in Hull and this will be done at castle Hill Hospital. But I suffer from agrophobia and panic attacks, I wondered if there was anyone else who suffers this and can offer me some advice to cope in the hospital ,

• Hi Josie, I've replied as i see there haven't been any responses yet and wanted to show support. I'm sorry to hear of your plight. Do you have anyone to go with you? 

I have anxiety sometimes, when it first occurred I learnt a lot about it to feel in control and also learnt some breathing techniques. Obviously your situation is scary and stressful so may not be a solution. If you can get someone to take you that might help?

I wish you all the best. Good luck

• Ty for replying ,yes my husband will take me but he wont be able to stay, I am so scared of been away from home and my husband not been able to stay in the hospital with me, as he is my safe person. I  was looking to see if anyone had any advice if they had been in this porstion 

• Hi I live In hull too here to chat if you need one, If you don’t mind me asking how did you know you had it/or what symptoms did you have any lumps? I currently have a lump on what they call “labia minora at the top it’s more hanging from the skin then inside but it’s really painful and I’ve seen people be misdiagnosed as a cyst, I bleed between periods and often get thrush/or itching down there really scared been to docters twice in 3 years they finally said a referral will take months but looks like a barthlion cyst so have asked me to go to same day a and e to see a gynaecologist for biopsy/removal 

thanks