Immunotherapy to treat lymph nodes?

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi,

I've recently been diagnosed with vulva melanoma. My pet ct scans came back today and there is a risk that it has spread to my lymph nodes (more tests still to go). One area is quite deep in my pelvis apparently which would make surgery difficult so the team are suggesting immunotherapy first.

I thought surgery was my best bet at tackling this and my team dont have much experience in whether immunotherapy will work or not.

Does anyone have any experience of immunotherapy to treat melanoma that's spread to the lymph nodes?  Are there any other recommended treatments out there? 

• Hi I have Merkel cell carcinoma which is a rare skin cancer and it has metastasized to my lymph nodes. Surgery /Immunotherapy is the preferred treatment for the my cancer. Maybe it's the same for you. I have read good results are achieved with immunotherapy. 

• Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear your case is also rare. I think my treatment sounds similair from what I've been told so far. It's all a step learning curve and hoping surgery is still apart of the plan!

Hope your treatment goes well.