Vulva Tumour

• 8 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello Community, on the 3rd of October I was diagnosed with a vulva tumor via a CT scan, I have received my appointment and it’s not till the 17th of November to see the gynaecologist regarding staging. I have currently been treated for VIN3 in August whilst I also under went a hysterectomy. The results from the hysterectomy where clear with no abnormalities. I guess to quiet the mind which is very anxious at the moment, is six weeks a long time to wait for my next appointment, just interested in everyone’s experience and if there are options to speed up the appointment. I understand that the NHS are really busy and still playing catch up. Thank you 

• Hi ,

Sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. 

I had a similar wait, so can totally empathise with your worries. Could you ask if they have a cancellation list and offer to take a short notice appointment? 

Here if you want to chat. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for your advice, yes I have already spoken to appointments and they don’t seem to offer a cancellation list, I have since spoken to a nurse at the clinic and she mentioned the wait could be due to my hysterectomy recovery and the procedure required the gynaecologist would want to make sure I was healed internally. To stop the possibility of infection. I just feel so out of control not able to sleep and feeling very vulnerable. I hope you are ok and well? Thanks again 

• Hi

I am sorry for the slow reply, somehow, I missed the notification that you had replied. 

As frustrating and worrying as the wait is, I guess that makes sense.

Are you still having trouble sleeping? If so, perhaps you could speak to your GP. Mine was able to suggest a drowsy antihistamine. 

I am doing well thank you. I am now 18 months clear. I hope you're as ok as can be. Allow yourself plenty of self-care. It is important to take care of ourselves during difficult times. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Thank you, I have tried Nytol which did work for a couple of nights, I will speak to the doctor again. Self care is important I am trying but finding the anxiety at this moment in time is totally in control.  X 

• Hi ,

It is definitely worth speaking to your doctor. Hopefully they can help. 

Anxiety is difficult to live with. I find lack of sleep increases my anxiety and my anxiety interrupts my sleep so it’s a vicious cycle. Hopefully if your GP can help with your sleep then it may take the edge off of your anxiety a little. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx

• Thank you, it’s so controlling the anxiety, not only sleep but loss of appetite….. the GP has asked me to speak with the  gynaecologist at my next appointment, hopefully next week I will be able to gain reassurance and settle it’s the not knowing and the wait that is causing my anxiety, take care and thanks for your support  vulva cancer warrior, 

• Thank you Vulva cancer warrior 

• Hi ,

Yes the loss of appetite is difficult too.

I am sure getting some answers next week will help.

No worries at all, I am always here I chat. 

Good luck next week and feel free to message if you fancy a chat afterwards. 

Vulval cancer warrior xx