Not responded well to chemotherapy

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi everyone. I’m TNBC grade 2, dishnosed in October last year and have completed 6 months of chemo, carboplatin, paxclitaxel and pembrolizumab and had a lumpectomy 3 weeks ago with clear margins and no spread to lymph nodes however my oncologist has said that I didnt respond well to neoadjuvant treatment at histology level so there will be discussions as to next steps after radiotherapy. Has anyone had this? My anxiety is going nuts right now! They thought I had responded well and that the lump had shrunk by half? But this was not the case, they have said that it was “pepperpot” which means that is broke down the lump. Has anyone had this? Xx 

• Hi DenM

Sorry to hear that you have been told that you didn't respond well to chemo.  When I was diagnosed with triple negative nearly four years ago I didn't have a complete response to chemo so I was put on chemo tablets.  I had eights cycles of the tablets which were call Capecitabine over a six month period.  I had no problems while taking them and completed the course.

Wishing you the best of luck with your radiotherapy and whatever further treatment your oncologist puts you on.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Daisy53, thank you so much for your reply. You’ve actually put my mind at ease. These are the same tablets that were mentioned to me although they are to have discussions aswell before confirming. Glad you are doing well too. Thanks again xxx