Chemo

• 12 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Ok due to start 12 weeks of chemo & immunotherapy on Tuesday. Really worried about how I will cope with both that & side effects. Living on my own it’s scary. Yes I do have family nearby but not the same as having someone there all the time especially at night 

will I be able to cope with normal everyday things ? Quaking in my boots right now

• Hi Debenrose

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.  What you are feeling is perfectly understandable the thoughts of having chemo is scary.  Everyone reacts to chemo differently, some people have no side effects and other people do.  You should have been given numbers to ring if you have any side effects that are unmanageable so do use them if you need to.  Make sure to drink plenty of water to flush the toxins out of your system.  I won't say chemo is easy but it is doable.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment and hopefully you won't have any side effects.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hoping side effects minimal as don’t usually react to vaccines etc…..just want to get started now as sooner I start hopefully sooner I’m finished Fingers crossed

thank you for the support 

• Hello, 

I am due to start chemo tomorrow. I have the same feelings as you, if not worse Joy I’ve been in a right pickle today! 

Good luck for Tuesday!xx

• Hi 

hope it all goes well for both of us. Guess it’s the fear of the unknown . I’m all over the place today . Xx

• Hope you both got on ok with your first treatment. 

• It wasn’t as bad as I thought although I was complete nervous wreck. Felt ok & still ok  but tired as didn’t get much sleep last night as had so much fluid pumped in that was up & down to the loo & had to take sickness pill at 4am. Early night tonight as got district nurse coming tomorrow to show me how to do injection for next 5 days. Pic line going in Monday too 

this is all so much funWearyWearyWearyWeary

• Glad it wasn’t as bad as you thought it was going to be. First time I walked onto the chemo ward I burst into tears. Are you on steroids? The injections are fine once you get used to them. I take 2 paracetamol and an antihistamine an hour before I do the injection and I’ve never had any pain like some have experienced. Good luck with the pic line. 

• Glad to hear that chemo wasn't as bad as you thought.  I had a picc line put in when I had chemo nearly four years ago and I found it a godsend.  As well as getting my chemo through the picc line all my bloods were taken from it as well.

Best of luck with it.

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• I did that as my BCN came to see me. She is so lovely. Had steroid on Tuesday & came home with 2 more doses. Last one this morning. District nurse coming today to show me how to do injection. Not sure about it but something that has to be done. 
    thank you for the support xx

• That’s my thinking as having to go every week it’s the best option. Little worried about showering though as I don’t have a bath . Think they will give me something to cover it up though

thank you x