Start of treatment

• 4 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Hi all, 

I’ve recently been diagnosed with TNBC & tbh I’m really scared. Start 12 weeks of chemo & immunotherapy next week. I’m really hoping it will stop it in its tracks so can be followed by a lumpectomy & so far it’s not in lymph nodes Fingers crossedFingers crossedFingers crossed.At almost 74 I can’t believe this is happening to me. Especially after losing my partner to pancreatic cancer 4 years. 

• Good morning Debenrose,

Sorry to hear about your involvement with all of this TNBC nonsense. The good news is that you are in very good company and certainly not alone. Treatment will really give it some hell, it's a godsend. Try not to worry about it too much if you can (I know how hard that is) immunotherapy is a game changer for us and I'm so pleased that you are able to have that, I'm having it too! We are very lucky, hasn't been offered for long and the results are looking incredible!!

Sorry to hear about your partner too, bless you that's awful.

We are all here for you, you are never alone. 

Now go and put the kettle on, remind yourself of everything you have got through in life. This is just another one, and you will get through it like you always have done. 

Be kind to yourself, we are all here when you need us xx

• Thank you. You have made me feel better. Trying very hard to stay positive but today is hard as had hair cut very short as I know I will lose it so will not be so much of a change when it goes. When I look in mirror it doesn’t seem like me anymore. Maybe it will come back ginger & curly instead of white & straight lol. Hope your treatment going well & sending positive thoughts to us all here xxx

• Good! You stay positive and have a look at all the lovely headwear they've got online etc... I know it feels unsettling when you have to go through all these changes, but it's temporary, remember that. All the curly hair to look forward to! Rofl xx

• Hi Debenrose

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer and that you lost your partner to cancer. Though it's a scary one it is treatable.  I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer nearly four years ago and it was in my lymph nodes as well and after having chemo, surgery and radiotherapy I made a full recovery.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge