Triple negative breast cancer

• 312 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi, I’ve recently been diagnosed with tnbc and had ct scan and full body bone scan which shows no spread. Then I had to have a pet scan.  Has anyone else had to have this after other scans were clear.

thank you.

• I’ve just read your thread. Sorry to butt in. But your humour is great and that’s how I was when I was diagnosed June 2023 with a 3cm and two positive nodes.  I didn’t lose my hair as I used the cold cap.  I had the same treatment. Pembro, carbo and paclitaxol then EC. It’s a journey but honestly I kept going and kept my humour so kept positive. You will get there. 

• I've got a lot of time for that MuscleWinkHeart

• Brilliant thread!! Good luck you amazing girls!! You’ll be through it soon MuscleMuscle

• What a lovely thing to say Heart️ Thanks so much c22 xx

• Hi,

how are you feeling?  Have you had to have surgery too x

• I did. I had a lumpectomy and then radiation. Now on capecitabine.  It’s a long road. Now back at work.  I took ten months off work.  I had neuropathy quite bad but now that has gone away and I feel ok. Not fully back to normal. It’s kinda harder when it’s over as you feel you are on your own a bit.   When you are in the middle of chemo you just zone in on that.  Week by week you get through it. A t almost feel surreal at times. 

• Glad you got through it not too bad x

how are you finding Capecitabine?

xx

• You're a soldier!! Give yourself a minute... You are doing ridiculously well. Heart️You've gone through all of that (successfully!) gone back to work and shook off neuropathy (which I can imagine is a bloomin nightmare, lots of people struggle with that) you will get there with theHeart other bits, this is still pretty new for you! What a legend! You keep going girl and be kind to yourself you are absolutely crushing it, even if sometimes the little demon in your head tells you otherwiseHeart Heart️ xx

• You have done amazing xx

• Capecitabine is ok. Feel tired on it but nothing like IV chemo.  But when I was on chemo I carried on as normal. I have four kids and just kept going. Got the tube to Guys hospital in London and back every week.  
    In  the beginning I was like a rabbit in the headlights!  I didn’t even come onot these forums. Now I want to help others if I can. I would say to stay off the internet.  You end up going mad.