Cold capping

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Today's thoughts/questions 

Hoping to cold cap as love my pale pink hair and incredibly vain Rofl

But also have a severe pancreatic insufficiency which results in chronic diarrhoea (that's even without potential chemo diarrhoea).

My question is if your attached to the cold cap machine can you get up to go to the loo ???

I often need to go frequently,  quickly and to sit in the bathroom for a while !!!!

Somedays have considered moving my TV, laptop etc in there See no evil

• Hi Vivienne

I did scalp cooling last year during my chemo for endometrial cancer.

It worked well for me- I still lost some hair but retained enough that I did not need to use a wig or scarves etc.

You can use the toilet while scalp cooling- which is good as I had the cap on all day! The nurses will show you how and help you, but you disconnect the pipe that is connected to the machine. It takes seconds. From what I remember you could do this as many times as needed as long as it was up to around 6-8 minutes each time.  If you need longer there is the potential to unplug the unit and wheel it nearer the bathroom- but not sure how exactly that would work. Just mention it to the nurses and they will be able to talk you through it.

Good Luck

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you,  thats good to hear, hopefully my bowels will behave or ill just have to pre load with loperamide  !!!