TNBC - add ons

• 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

New to all this, I was diagnosed in June with TNBC and I have one more round of treatment left before surgery next month. It just feels like it's never ending extra treatments being added on. When I was diagnosed I was informed it would be 6 months then the operation - got my head around this then check ups for 5 year. Then at my appointment with my surgeon I was told after my op I'd had radiotherapy for 15 days - shock to the system as this hadn't been mentioned before. Get my head round this, then at my check up today with my consultant he throws in that I will continue with the immunotherapy for another 6 months after the radiotherapy - my head is blown again - I was all set for going back to work, getting my life back to a new normal and my girls having fun mum back instead of this tired one.

I know they will only prescribe what's needed, I can't keep up with things being added each time I feel like im one step closer to closing the door, another door opens with a kick to the stomach and I'm feeling scared and worried that it's never going to end.

Sorry for the rant 

• Hi Debo23

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with TNBC.  No need  to apologise for the rant, it's scary when treatment plans change and we all understand where you are coming from.

Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge