New to this.. I have recently be diagnosed with TNBC. My head has been all over the place. I just don’t know where to start. It still feels like a nightmare I can’t wake up from. Would be nice to have a chat with someone in the same situation as myself.

• 7 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Please get in touch for a chat. Im starting my treatment next week or the week after. Dreading the lengthy chemo and immunotherapy treatment. 6 months then surgery and more chemo Cry

• Hi TJay15

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.  It's perfectly understandable that your head is all over the place and that it feels like a nightmare.  Please don't google triple negative as the information for triple negative breast cancer is out of date by at least five years.   Rely on sites like this one and Breast Cancer now.  While it's a more aggressive breast cancer compared to some other types new treatments keep coming up a lot as it heavily researched.  When I was diagnosed with triple negative just over three years ago I did have chemo but didn't have the option of immunotherapy as well.  As well as having chemo I had surgery and radiotherapy and I made a full recovery.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• I too have been diagnosed triple negative last Thursday.Gene testing yesterday and MRI scan tomorrow,it’s so scary isn’t it?I have stopped googling stuff for now as it was making me so anxious,now I am just waiting to see what my medical team have to say as that will be more reliable.Good luck on your journey. Xx

• Hi

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope I will be as lucky as you.Sparkling heart

• Hi

Sorryto hear your news. Such a scary time for us.  At this moment I’m waiting for another appointment with oncology to sign consent forms to start my treatment. Which will be this Monday or next Monday. Then the biggest fight of my life begins.

All the best wishes to you as you start your battle.Sparkling heart

• Hi TJay, I am in the same boat too. I got diagnosed on Nov 10th with stage 3. They have offered me chemo and immunotherapy to start with but my doctor told me to think seriously about whether I want the immunotherapy cos it can have some nasty side effects. Can I ask how you are finding it so far? Hope you are doing well have a speedy recovery. If you ever want to chat please reach out x 

• I have had my first lot of chemo and immunotherapy.  Was fine the first 2 days. The 3rd day hit me for 6. I feel like Iv been hit by a bus.  Every bone and muscle in my body aches, fatigue and sickness also plus my temperature dropped to under 36. I want to do what they think is best but I feel so drained. 
    I wish you all the best. Take care. If you need to chat then I’m always available x

• That sounds really tough. Have you called the hospital to check it’s all normal? Hope you are able to get lots of rest and feel better soon, and also hope this means that the cancer is taking a huge beating! Wishing you the best too x