Any tips on bad metallic taste in mouth

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi everyone 

Any tips on getting rid of the bad metallic taste in mouth after FEC chemotherapy. My mouth is very dry and everything tastes like cardboard. Mouth washes are not helping either. Thank you in advance. 

• Hi

That sounds horrible and I hope you've found a solution to it. 

I'm just 'bumping' this post as I can see you haven't had any replies. However, you have had replies to the same post in the breast cancer group. If you haven't seen them clicking here will take you straight there.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hi 

I’ve only just seen your post and I thought I’d let you know what I found helped when I had the same thing. A friend brought me some Bottle Green juice - the pomegranate one - which I put in the fridge and made it vey cold. I used to sip that when even bottled water tasted metallic. It seemed to help as the bubbles are smaller than normal fizzy juice which I don’t normally take. The other thing I did that I think helped was I ate very bland food in small portions such as plain porridge, or a baked potatoes, or plain white fish  or baked rice or a little pure Italian ice cream  not the sugary stuff . The other thing to say is that like all of these impacts it does pass. I hope you are coping and I’ll be thinking of you and wish you well

Flora21