Breast cancer now thyroid cancer

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer this week. I had breast cancer five years ago. Anyone else had this combination? The consultant thinks it’s a new primary thyroid cancer and now I’m having PTEN screening too as well as waiting for surgery. Feeling very frightened and alone. 

• Hi Profsho welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear your news and how this has left you feeling,  and little wonder. 

Cancer is the gift that just keeps giving  isn't' it but the one gift we could do without. Its ok to feel frightened but you are not and never will be alone whilst we are here on this forum and we are all here to support you and listen as best we can.

This period of waiting is the pits its just awful for you and the only trick is to keep yourself busy as best you can and makes the time waiting pass quicker.

Sending very best wishes for now.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Gail, I’m doing all the distraction things I did with my breast cancer. I’d just like to talk to anyone who has had this combination - I’m not holding my breath as I know it’s very rare but it would be good to hear others experiences.