Medullary Thyroid Cancer and MEN2A diagnosis

• 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi,  had thyroidectomy yesterday. Also had pheochromocytoma removed August 2020. First time on here. I didn't know what to do or where to go

• Hi and a second welcome to the online community as I can see my friend Mike Thehighlander welcomed you when you posted in New to the Community a couple of days.

"Feeling lost and deeply sad about it all" is a common feeling when you've had a cancer diagnosis. Neither mine nor Mike's cancer was thyroid but we all have a common bond in recognising those emotions. Feeling sad may come and go during your treatment but most of us find that feeling sad gradually eases as we go through and complete our treatment. However, if you feel that you are becoming depressed then please seek the help of your GP who can help you find ways to cope.

I'm 'tagging' into my reply to you as she has recently posted about her thyroidectomy, which she had a year ago, and might be able to tell you about her experiences and also  who, like you, was also diagnosed with medullary thyroid cancer.

If you feel that talking to someone over the phone would help then I'd recommend that you give the Macmillan Support Line a call on 0808 808 0000. It's free to call and someone's available every day from 8am to 8pm.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, thank you for your reply x

• Good advice thank you x

• Hi , just ask me anything . I know how your mind thinks in situations like this and I’m no doctor but feel lots more confident about it all now . 

• Hi, thanks for replying.  Do you have MEN2A too?