Apparently my thyroid nodule has been around for at least 8 years

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I wondered if anyone on here has experience of a thyroid Nodule that's been around for a few years.  I have now had two ultra scans and FNA's (awaiting results of the second FNA).   I had  CT scans in 2011 and 2012 following my breast cancer diagnosis (staging scans) and the radiologist managed to get hold of these scans and he noticed that the thyroid nodule they are investigating was on the scans in 2011/12.    He said that they were probably overlooked/not noticed at the time as they were just looking at soft tissue and BC spread at  but he has had a good look at scans and he said the nodule  hasn't changed very much is very similar in size and shape and as it has been there for so long without any growth or change then could be benign.   He couldn't rule anything out until the FNA results are received of course - but from the ultra scans characteristics they were thinking U4/U5 and he said he was now 'less' concerned.   Having done the biopsy he also said the nodule was squidgy and quite mobile - he said  they are quite notoriously  difficult to get cells from (my first FNA can back as TH1).   He took 3 slides  but said that he may not have been able to get a good enough sample so I may need further FNA and if they can't get a good enough sample they may still need to take half my thyroid so they can do a full pathology and find out what it is.    Any views on this would be appreciated.  I have an appointment for of FNA results on 28 Feb.