Soo scared and confused

• 4 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi, I had my left testicle removed last week, been in crazy pain, but getting better. I feel so lost n confused right now. I’m to scared to tell family and friends, traditional Indian family. Spoke to one friend, only response was, you no longer a man, not spoken to him since. 

i wake up in the middle of the night, try to adjust the boys, to find one missing, I know it has happened, but still reduces me to constant tears. The shame of it, I know it not my fault, but there is a stigma attached to it. 

i read about how it is a very curable cancer, but I find myself constantly wishing and praying that mine is the one exception and that it will kill me fast. 

I don’t want any family to clean my corpse when the time comes, just so no one will find out the truth about me, wrote my will today, with these clear instructions. 

• Firstly, your friend is an arsehole. You don’t need people like that around you. Secondly I don’t consider myself any less the man for only having one ball. I appreciate your culture may be different to mine but try and draw some pride out of a totally shit situation. You’ve been through / are going through a tough time. You’ve just had a major op, you’re stronger than you think. You’ve got one less ball? So what? It’s badge of honour and a sign of your strength. Plus physically it doesn’t really matter. Having children is just as likely and your sex life will likely not be effected (mines better if anything)! I found it hard to tell family but once I did I had overwhelming support. Hopefully you will have the same once you open up. Where do you live? 

I wish you all the best and am sure that within a month you’ll be well on the way to feeling like you again…..

• Thank you Goldenball1, I don’t know why but your support has reduced me to tears. Thank you. 

I hope people will understand 

• You’ve nothing to be embarrassed about. If people don’t understand they should feel ashamed not you! 

There are lots of people on here that have been through exactly what you are now. I had my op at the end of December and to be honest I don’t think about it too much anymore. I’m not going to say it was a breeze but it gets easier honestly. 

good luck 

• Wow, you really don't need all that extra crap to deal with right now.  I really feel for you.  I really don't want to suggest.  Hopefully you can find someone you can trust to give you a bit of support.

When do you find out if you need further treatment?

Best wishes

G