Pre-diagnosis…the waiting

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

I am currently waiting for removal of my left testi on 9/24. Below is a timeline so far if my experience

April-ish Pain ejactulating. only the one time

Late July Right testicle the tender to touch. Cleared up after a week or so

9/6 Lump on testicle

9/7 See GP

9/9 ultrasound

9/13 Pain in groin, frequent urination

9/14 - 16 Warm feeling, Pressure or aches about body; legs, neck, arms. All these feelings are mild and intermittent. 

9/15 lump in lymph nodes in neck. Seem soft and movable

9/16 two more lumps in neck; total 3

Pain in heart, lower back, sides

9/16 Pain in left calf, feeling faint/shakey after 1 mile walk, warm sensation inside right elbow, pressure in right forearm, night sweats

9/16 See urologist

9/16 PM lump in chest, night sweats

9/17 Lower back pain

9/19 Lump on larynx

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It seems I can feel it spreading throughout my body. Is this normal? Does this seem rather quick?

I obviously am concerned about the pace here. The appointments seem so spaced out and no rush at all. I have a CT scan on order but waiting on insurance and then scheduling. 

Any help is appreciated!

• Hi.

From the minute I was diagnosed I had a heightened awareness of every ache and pain in my body and attributed all of them to the cancer, even though some of them pre-dated it by months or years.  I added in a few from my own imagination as well.  Even though I was aware that probably most of it was in my mind I struggled to shake it off.  I don't know what to advise to help, but I can reassure you that what your experiencing is not uncommon.

Best wishes

G

• Hey man I can't really say whether it is spreading through your body or not but the mind is a powerful thing to be honest with you. One thing that may give you some solace is that testicular cancer is highly treatable and you are being seen by professionals, so you're on the right path.  One thing testicular cancer has a fairly predictable pattern of spread. It spreads from the testicle to the retroperitoneal lymph nodes and then it can go the lungs/liver and then the brain. Another thing  is pain is usually not common with testicular cancer, studies have shown it is linked with non-seminoma which is highly aggressive. More than likely the lumps on your chest may not necessarily be related to your cancer, just my two cents although I am no medical professional just someone who has read alot about TC. I can attest to the pain from non-seminoma, the pain was so bad I couldn't function or sit properly without taking a pain killer. Have they done your blood works, tests for Alfa Fetoprotein, Beta HCG and LDH levels? These will help with their diagnosis, non-seminomas tend to present with highly elevated levels of these markers. When they do your surgery they'll be able to know the composition of the tumor and the CT will aid them in your treatment options. Hoping that it all works out. Keep us updated if you can, I agree with Teahupo.

James