Blood results tomo

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi, my husband had an ultrasound and they were very sure it is testicular cancer. The question is how bad it is. I'm very worried as he left it for quite a while before telling anyone. He kept looking for a lump and it was solid rather than lumpy. He only went when it became enlarged and he told me.I wish he'd told me earlier. He is 41, we have a three and a half year old daughter. Whilst waiting for tomorrow's meeting with a consultant his best friend has died and he is really very upset about that so I'm trying to help him manage his stress levels. When we got the result from the ultrasound  I had norovirus and now I have a fever. I haven't told friends as waiting for more information and I'm feeling very alone and pretty scared. We are a very happy long term couple and I've got many supplements and diet advice to help him. Any advice much appreciated Pray

• Hi.

Symptoms sound similar to me (I'm 48). No lump, but the whole nut got harder and a bit larger.  My ultrasound technician was also giving strong signals that things were abnormal and reading me as much as the screen. I was pretty certain I was getting the diagnosis and I think he noticed that. He ended that session with words I'll never forget; "I'm not a doctor, but I really think this is going to be in a bucket by the end of the week."  He was right but it was more like two weeks.

Try not to worry too much.  It's such a shame you have these other unrelated factors making things worse.  

I hadn't left mine very long, but probably at least a month or more. In the end I was stage 1 pure seminoma, which is as good as it gets.  Even if your husband's has progressed a bit more treatment and recovery for testicular cancer is very good.

Best wishes

G

• Thanks for your message, so glad you got a good result. Really good to hear your story. The operation is now scheduled for 2 weeks, the blood test came back normal which we hope is a good thing.

Best wishes 

• Hi there, 

A mixture of tech issues on here and having COVID prevented me from replying to messages. 

Thanks so much for your message it’s really appreciated and helpful to hear your story. Hope all goes well for you. 

He still hasn’t had the op. COVID held it up. Very stressful.

Thanks so much