Scared

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all.

Not sure where to start but looking for some thoughts. Around 19 months ago I thought I felt a lump in my testicular sack while in the shower. I wasn’t sure if I was feeling things, and after a few weeks went by, I was certain it was gone.

A year or so later (May 2022) I felt it back again but much bigger. I was extremely nervous and fearing the worst. Having googled everything I’m quite certain it’s a tumour. I had an appointment with the gp, and two doctors felt my testicals, both confident that it wasn’t anything serious but recommended an ultrasound scan. The scan was booked for a couple of days before a lads holiday, and not only was I scared of the result, but I was scared the result would mean I couldn’t go away. On the day, I got too scared and didn’t go. This was June time. It’s now December, the lump is still there and I’ve not told the doctor out of fear and embarrassment. Being 20, I’m fairly young but I’m scared that this tumour could be A cancerous, and B has been there so long that the results would be terrifying. I’m curious to know what other symptoms I would have at this stage if it’s generally cancerous. I always fear that it’s spread but I haven’t plucked up the courage to get it checked because what if it’s the worst? I’m fairly active, training for a marathon and have recently done 10 mile runs. Would this even be possible at this stage? 

Thanks for reading.

• Hello

Fear is the worst thing and the longer you leave it the more it plays on your mind. No one on here can give a diagnose as we are not doctors. You say the lump is in your scrotum which could be an infection of the epididimus and I do know there is no such thing as scrotum cancer. I appreciate at 20 you would be shy and scared but trust me its a piece of cake. The ultra sound takes 5 mins with no pain at all. If you re book the GP will understand why you never turned up. 

Everyone has different symptoms and the main ones are feeling very tired, enlarged testicle, a dragging feeling as the testicle becomes heavy, one sits quite a bit higher than the other in the scrotum and there are more. You will only get a definitive answer if go for the ultra sound. Believe me when I say this the earlier the better for mental and health reasons. 

I promise you now it is scary but knowing what's going on is a lot better. 

All the best