Tiny 1mm bumps on the side of right testicle

• 25 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi, 

I am recently noticed a tiny bump on my right testicle. That small it almost feels like grit under my scotum. 

Whether it is painfully or not is slightly confusing. When not touched it isnt sore, but is when I press on it (which id imagine would be normal - pressing on a part of your testicle). 

I have called the Drs today and have my appointment next week. But was wondering if anyone has experienced a bump this small. Online I always see grain of rice size or pea sized. I reckon this is about 1mm max. 

I don't really know the anatomy of a testicle so don't know if there's veins across the testicle itself and something to do with that. 

Thanks 

C

• Update [06-10-2022]

Still waiting to hear back about US. Which has been 3 weeks now. So hoping thats a good sign that's there's no rush. I'd like to find out either way. As for my bloods, I called last week and they said re my bloods there was no further action required, but they hadn't had my US results yet. So again I'm hoping thats a good sign.

I'm going to call the doctors again tomorrow to see if there's US result updates

Cheers

• Hi C!

Yes, I would be under the impression that 3 weeks post ultrasound without any extra appointments or phone calls is a good sign, too. When my husband had his ultrasound, it was a matter of days before we had a follow up urology appointment (and the technician even phoned the hospital during the ultrasound to ask if we needed to come immediately!) and then everything moved quite quickly to sort surgery, CT scans etc etc.

Fingers crossed for you that you can breathe a big sigh of relief very soon!

• Hey Crog, 
    Can we get an update? Your description is exactly like mine and I'm desperate for reassurance!
    Thanks

• Hi, thanks for your message. It turned out to be nothing to worry about. A calcified cyst I'm sure it was. 100% go to the doctor to get it checked out. Everyone I spoke to was friendly and upmost professionalism. 

• Oh thank you so much for replying! Glad it turned out fine for you Slight smile

• No problem at all. I remember the sheer panic I had. Was thankfully over nothing. But I urge you to get it checked out. Give you peace of mind 

• Hi mate, 

how are you getting on with all this, I’m going through the same thing now, Wednesday I felt uncomfortable on my right testicle, like I’d pulled or tugged or twisted it, it wasn’t excruciating but uncomfortable that day, anyway the next evening in the bath, I was examining things as I usually do and felt a tiny little granule on my right testicle, just below the epidermis but on the testicle, towards the top of it. it’s about the size of half a grain of rice. I have quite bad health anxiety so started googling and I came across pictures of something called Appendix Testis, based on the pictures, it’s exactly where and how I’d describe what I felt. Anyway, I went the Drs today and he had a rummage and finally felt what I was describing, he said it was one of 3 things, a twisted appendage (appendix testis), A small cyst or because it’s on the testicle, then testicular cancer. He said he’s felt many testicular cancers many times and mine didn’t feel anything like that and the he’s almost certain is was either a cyst or appendix testis. Because I was worried he said he’s sending me for a ultra sound as it’s the responsible thing to do but he wasn’t concerned and the scan wasn’t going to be on the 2 week rule because it was less than a 5% chance of cancer. He said it will be within a few weeks so her I am, anxiety through the roof as I’m an anxious person anyway but I’m slightly reassured by what he said and my own research. 

are you experiencing similar? 

• Hi mate,

hope you don’t mind the message. I’m going through the same thing now, Wednesday I felt uncomfortable on my right testicle, like I’d pulled or tugged or twisted it, it wasn’t excruciating but uncomfortable that day, anyway the next evening in the bath, I was examining things as I usually do and felt a tiny little granule on my right testicle, just below the epidermis but on the testicle, towards the top of it. it’s about the size of half a grain of rice. I have quite bad health anxiety so started googling and I came across pictures of something called Appendix Testis, based on the pictures, it’s exactly where and how I’d describe what I felt. Anyway, I went the Drs today and he had a rummage and finally felt what I was describing, he said it was one of 3 things, a twisted appendage (appendix testis), A small cyst or because it’s on the testicle, then testicular cancer. He said he’s felt many testicular cancers many times and mine didn’t feel anything like that and the he’s almost certain is was either a cyst or appendix testis. Because I was worried he said he’s sending me for a ultra sound as it’s the responsible thing to do but he wasn’t concerned and the scan wasn’t going to be on the 2 week rule because it was less than a 5% chance of cancer. He said it will be within a few weeks so her I am, anxiety through the roof as I’m an anxious person anyway but I’m slightly reassured by what he said and my own research

both balls feel the same as eachother in terms of weight, feel, texture etc, apart from this tiny little thing, some angles you can’t feel it as much as it can sort of sink in the the testicle and on other angles it feels small and hard, without feeling like a pea of that makes sense. As I say, it’s half the size of a grain of rice and the Dr said he has a degree of mobility to it. 

No pains anywhere but it did hurt when he started twisting and squashing my bollock like! 

Health anxiety is the worst!! 

• I know how you feel about health anxiety! My GP kindly put me through on the 2 week rule and I was scanned last week after 6 very sweaty days of total panic. But everything is fine! She said at the scan that there was a tiny calcification. The consultant saw me after and couldn't even find the couscous-sized lump but confirmed that I am the happy owner of two completely healthy testicles. 

Try and remember they really are only scanning to be completely sure because that's what's cost effective. Just try and take it day by day for the next few weeks and don't indulge in catastrophising

• Thanks for the reply mate. I really appreciate it. Easier said than done but your mind just plays tricks on you, as I say, it feels exactly like what an appendix testis looks like on pictures but a scan will let me know. It’s so small that it’s easy to miss but I examine them that often and happened to find it after feeling like I’d twisted it. He said I could be waiting 6 weeks or more because he doesn’t feel it warrants urgent referral. Toying with going private