Illnesses post chemo

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all,

I am just wondering what people's experience of getting everyday illnesses (and also Covid if anyone has) post treatment are like?

I was stage 1 seminoma in 2018, orchidectomy and 1xcarboplatin dose. Recurred 2c in 2019, 3xBEP, 4xTIP and 18 radio sessions. Coming up to 9 months officially all clear.

Quite a way past treatment and I have been able to get myself back to a high level of fitness, however I seem to pick up colds/coughs etc very easily and it seems to take well over a week to shift the symptoms. I hardly ever succumbed to such illnesses pre cancer.

Its frustrating because I often end up getting aches in my back and groin and think the worst, only to get a blood test and my markers are fine. Messes with my head!

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so replying to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"