Third week in from finding my lump.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

It’s been a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I’m a 50 year old very active individual. Nearly 4 weeks ago, I found a lump on my left side. This week I have had it removed and been referred to oncology. The first 2 days after the discovery were mentally challenging and I started to research the internet. Day 3, I had concluded I had Testicular Cancer and as a minimum I will be having my left ball removed and Chemo.
In my research I started looking for symptoms of advance. I then started to associate every muscular niggle from sports, posture or any other reason to organs the cancer has spread to and how long I have had it. 
On surgery day my urologist told me that there was nothing sinister in my CT scan although I do have markers? From that second my mindset changed to positive. My treatment on the NHS has been super-fast and compassionate. 
Now every day as it comes, staying positive and building back up my activity level as much as my body will allow.

I never imagined I would be reading people’s experience on a site like this, never mind writing my own. 

• I remember the weeks I was attributing every ache and pain to it, and also the relief I felt on the day of the op when I was told my CT scan was otherwise clear.  I'm still not sure why they wait until the day of the op though. It would have been nice to have known about the clear CT scan absolutely as soon as possible.

Chemo or not, your life will be back to normal in a few months.

Best wishes

G

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Teahupo

Thanks very much for your response. Feeling positive.

D