Have a CT scan Thursday and don’t want to go because it makes me nervous and too uneasy....2 years clear

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 12 subscribers

in March 2017 I had the OP to remove my lefty and been clear since it didn’t spread and it was the less aggressive kind so a +. Last April 2018 I went to a CT scan and the 2 girls I got were snotty with me from the off, I came out of that little room get changed in and one came out to get me and was looking at me like i have 3 heads and was really short with me for nothing. and also the other one did when I went in the room too looking at me like **** When she was getting the bed ready, I knew straight away they were being funny with me somehow but I didn’t say anything but then on my way out I called them gob****** and whilst I was in the little room getting changed a knock on the door from aa guy was poking his head in the room while I was getting changed (he was same staff department) and on my way out I stood in front of the button controlled door and he stood right next to me staring at me in anger like he wa about to swing for me I asked him what was up he said ‘nothing just wanted to see you’re alright’ and sarcastically waved at me when I walked off. I’m tall and underweight looking so them gowns make me uneasy and I have severe insecure  issues I’m too nervous going to the scan but my last blood test a month ago I heard nothing back from so that’s good? Should I avoid the CT scan or is it the major difference in preventing it returning? I’m up nights worrying about it i don’t want to go unless I can ask for 2 males when I go but is that too far? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

In my experience the vast majority of people that work in healthcare are really professional and caring so I'd be surprised if you had a similar experience again. The CT scans you have are beneficial because they just make sure everything is clear so it's best to get it done. By the weekend you'll have had the scan and can forget about it for another year. It's understandable to get nervous but with each one you have it will get easier.

I had yearly CT scans for 3 or 4 years then they switched to just a chest X-ray for 3 or 4 years, before signing me off completely. I used to try not to think too much about it, and just assumed it would all be fine. If it wasn't fine then because I was being monitored I knew any problems would be picked up and treated.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for replying, Witt me having a clear blood test last appointment would that be a +? Iv been unwell recently idk if it’s contagious type would it be a bad idea if I called in sick and asked for a change of appointment? 

• FormerMember

Hello and firstly let me say we all get anxiety with checks so fully understand what you are going through. Bloods are an indication but not reliable as a clear result does NOT guarantee nothing present in the body, scan will show the smallest of changes so to me it does not make sense not to get it done. The difference is this, if you go and it is clear then you have piece of mind for the small level of discomfort and nerves of attending an appointment in hospital, however if cancelled and there is something growing then you could expect far more days in hospital hoping they can treat you. My advice go get it over with talk to the staff let them know how it makes you feel and I guarantee they will do everything to make the whole experience more tolerable.

Kind regards 

Dougie

• FormerMember

Ok thanks for the reply. 

I have mild mild flu the last few days it’s a bit better today would it be a bad idea t call them and get another appointment? It would be easier idk last time I did they didn’t send me another appointment so I’m nervous 

• Agr3 with Diouggie. Get it over n done with

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.