Newly diagnosed and in fear and anxiety

• 13 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi my name is Maureen and yesterday I got the devastating diagnosis of stomach cancer . I'm booked in for a CT scan on Monday to check if spread to lungs . I'm just not coping with the fear and anxiety . 

• Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis… you’ve come to the right place to chat and ask others for advice… it is expected to feel anxious and scared! I was when I found out in November 2021. 

I hope all goes well on Monday with your CT scan. 
    Take care 

Michele 

• Hi Maureen

Welcome to our group! I am sure you feel you’re living in a nightmare but there are lots of people on this group who will give you hope. 
    I had stomach cancer five years ago and now lead a normal life, eating and drinking as before albeit smaller portions!

Its so hard until you know what you’re dealing with but once the medical team do all the tests and the MDT agree the treatment plan, it does get easier!

Do use this group for support! 

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thank you for replying to me. It helps to know there's people I can turn to 

• Hi Maureen,

im sorry to hear that you’ve found yourself here! I’m 28 and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago! It is an extremely scary process but this group with support you Hearts️

• Thank you Jac . Really appreciate you replying to me 

• Thank you so much Chloe . You must be going through it too being diagnosed so recently . Hope all goes well for you  

• Hi Maureen and sorry you find your self here, just to let you know my husband had his stomach removed (TG) 14 months ago, he was out of hospital on the 7th day, obviously didn’t want to eat for the first few months but knew he had to and now doing ok, his portions are slowly getting bigger and weight is more or less stable. He was 79 when he had his op.

Once you know what’s going to happen and things get started you’ll feel a lot better, it’s the not knowing at the start, the waiting is the worst thing. Stay with us on here and we’re there for you. Xx

Sue Xx
  • That's a comfort to know . Thank you . As you say it's the not knowing and imagining the worst .it's all just so raw at the moment 

•  Am in a similar situation. After almost a year of tests scans etc I had a gastroscopy in February which found an ulcer and the biopsy was positive for cancer. Stomach cancer - now I have had scans a PET scan last week and am waiting to hear the results and what the plan is! Very hard waiting..,