Hi everyone

• 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

A ct scan has revealed a marble sized tumour in the back of my stomach. I'm 3 weeks into the 12 week waiting for another scan to determine growth etc. And then see if malignant or not. Hoping for any advice on the matter please as worried sick x  54yr male. 

• Welcome to our group..though not one you wanted to join!  This must be a stressful time as you don’t know what you’re dealing with!  12 weeks seems a very long time to wait and I am not sure why another scan is needed?

I had stomach cancer five years ago and now eat and drink pretty much as before!  The tumour was found by an endoscopy which is quite common.  I had a CT scan and an MRI to check if there was any spread.  I was lucky it was found very early.

I had chemo and then a partial gastrectomy.  Usually there is chemo after surgery but I didn’t need that as the first lot of chemo had eradicated the tumour.

It might be worth contacting the medical team to get more information about the timescale for further tests.

I found the information on the Oesophageal Patient Association website really helpful 

https://opa.org.uk

Do post questions on this group as there are lovely people who are living well without a stomach!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thank you for your kind advice.