Mum's cancer - update

• 6 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi to everyone here,

I thought I'd post a brief update on my Mum who has been living with her cancer a little over 2 years now since her diagnosis. She was diagnosed in 2022 with inoperable stomach cancer and is HER2-negative. She is on her second-line chemo which, as it's weekly, has been progressively tougher on her and she has been on it for quite a few months now. She is going to go on a break which we hope will give her some time to recover and so she can be will enough to keep going with treatment when needed.

I don't go on here often but hope everyone who is sadly on here is doing as okay as can be. 

• Thanks for posting an update on your mum. It gives hope to others with a similar diagnosis. It’s hard to watch someone you love go through cancer treatment. So do look after yourself!
    I remember my mum going through chemo many years ago and it was a special time in many ways. I could show her how much I loved and appreciated all she had done for me x

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thanks for the post , I have just embarked on my journey diagnosed with incurable stomach cancer in July and now finishing my 4th round of Chemo and immunotherapy mmbest of luck for you and your mother.

• Hello,glad to hear your mum is doing well,and is looking forward to a break from treatment.My husband is the same incurable with metastasis to his peritoneal and also is HER2 negative,he is now 16 months from diagnosis.He had Docetaxel as second line treatment,and it has worked so well that his tumour has been stable since March and he has had no chemo since February.His latest scan result last week came back with stable and that is him now until January for another scan.Wishing you and your mum well

• Many thanks for your message Jan and sharing your experience also - I remember you messaged when I first found out about my Mum's diagnosis and your messages are always so kind and supportive, thank you

• Thank you, I wish you all the best also with your treatment and am glad to hear you are getting immunotherapy as well as chemo, I hear it can be a game changer and hope you have few side effects and it all goes well 

• I'm so pleased to hear your husband has had such a great response to the second line treatment and has been able to go on a break for a long while, that is great news! Thank you, I wish you and your husband well also and he continues to stay stable