Start Chemo

• 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Good afternoon Group 

I start my first chem on the 5/5/2023 very anxious i suppose  fear of unknown,  but i be in good hands and i can rely  on this group for help and support 

• Hi

The first cycle is hard because you don’t know what to expect and you feel well, so it’s hard to put yourself through it!  Drinking plenty of water was important.. I drank 1.5 to 2 litres per day!  If you have FLOT then you need to watch cold things for a couple of days.

The medical team are there to support you and there are lots of different anti sickness meds!   Everyone reacts differently so fingers crossed you get minor side effects.  In any event, it passes and the first week is the hardest, then you pick up before the next lot!

Good luck!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Jacquiw

Thank you for your kind words. know ititould be hard on the start of this jojourney. its ce to know people who can give me advice 

Nic nac

• It could to start on this journey its nice to know people who can give me advice 

Nic nac

• Hi, you will be anxious as it’s natural… I was so scared but it was fine and the support from the chemo team is amazing… each person has different side effects but there will be medication to help and also you’ll have been given the 24 hour hotline to ask advice after your first treatment… just take it easy and listen to your body, if you need to sleep, then sleep. You will go off foods, so I would advice to try not to eat your favourite food as it will put you off them for quite some time… drinking is important but I found it difficult as I didn’t like the taste of everything… avoid cold drinks, touching cold cutlery, cold water when washing your hands etc…. It will give you a pins and needles feeling… it will ease eventually. 

Take Care 

Michele