Nutritional supplements after stomach resection

• 19 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all - new here!

Can you share your advise and/or experience on nutritional supplements after the gastrectomy/stomach resection (full)? I have read some information on bariatrics and the need to suppletion and now I am wondering:

1) should I start taking multivitamins

2) which ones should I take, and why?

Thank you!

M

• Hi

I have to have Vitamin B12 injections every three months after a partial gastrectomy.   I would check with your medical team or GP.  I eat a normal diet albeit small portions so don’t take any others.

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• Thank you Jac - I will discuss with my GP indeed - but also curious to hear from fellow patients

• Hi. When it comes to such questions, I always recommend people have a conversation with their doctor. I’m actually a coach with more than 15 years of experience, so I know a lot about dieting, supplements, and other related stuff. But, I always insist on having a doctor’s consultation. They studied to help you actually. But I’ll answer your question because I’ve had the same issue. I was taking https://purerawz.co/ SARMs at that time, and it had no effect on my stomach. My doctor said I had nothing to worry about, so I kept on living my regular life. So, I’ll repeat it again: you should consider visiting your doctor. That’s how it works.

• Hi, hope you’re well.

I had a total gastrectomy last August and like Jacqui I had Vitamin B12 shots every 12 weeks as I now can’t get that from my diet … and I know I need it because on or around about week 10 I’ll start to get a bit more tired / lethargic !

I take a multi vitamin each morning too and a Vitamin D supplement as well.

Hope it helps.

• B12 injection every 3 months, Forceval multivitamin every day. D3 patch every weeks. Hope is help 

• Hi *following* I too would like some info on what foods are best to eat especially post op chemo, anyone any ideas?

• Can you let me know if you find any information out 

Nic nac

• So far eat mostly protein, , low sugars, be careful on carbs as they also turn to sugars , it's ok to take some .plenty veggies, smithies with fresh fruit, cheese, nuts, peanut butter, wholeal bread toasted, ricecakes, Greek yogurts, wholegrain rice + pasta.all types of beans , lentils, chickpeas, avocados, seafood, chicken, there prolly lots more but that's what I've found so
    • far.
  • Thank you for your reply that will be helpful I am trying to find a cookbook to help me out after my operation if I get it 

Nic nac

• My husband was told on leaving hospital to take A to Z multivitamins daily and B 12 injections every 3 months, his op was nearly 10 weeks ago and eats most things now but in smaller portions and more often. Total Gastrectomy xx

Sue Xx