TG done!

• 10 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi this is my 3rd week after TG. The operation went well! Unfortunately I came down with a chest infection after a couple of days, but the hospital team worked hard to sort me out. I’m sore, can’t get comfortable at night to sleep but positives I’m eating well, even though it’s sloppy foods. I’m taking baby steps with walking but I’m trying each day to go a wee bit further, even though it’s just laps around my garden. 
Thank you to everyone who messaged me before my op to give me positive thoughts about their own experiences. 
Just waiting now on my pathology results to hear when I’ll start my post op FLOT. 

Michele 

• Michele

That’s great news! So good you are through the op.   Eating will get easier as you get used to eating small portions and soft foods just now!  So good to get out a walk a bit too in this lovely weather!

Good luck with the next stage!

Jac

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!  

• If you have any questions along the way, just ask !

Am 7 months the other side of a Total Gastrectomy now, and after a recent endoscopy my surgeon said that through pushing myself with eating I’ve managed to stretch my jejunum from the size of a tennis racket grip, to that of an inside trouser leg now and my small intestine has formed a small pseudo stomach, and I’m able to eat fairly decent portion sizes now.

If there’s anything I can help with, just shout !

• That’s brilliant news well done… I do hope mine stretches in time… I’m eating well still, sometimes it gets stuck hurts around my breast bone area but I suppose it’s only been 2 weeks since I started eating. The only problem I’m getting is being constipated, if you’ve any advice I would be grateful. 
    Thank you 

Michele 

• It will ! Just keeping plodding along a day at a time and you’ll get there before you realise it !

A good thing a friend and I (both on this journey, he an Ivor Lewis surgery, me a Total Gastrectomy) both have for that is this

Check out this product : Holland & Barrett Psyllium Husk 3000mg 180 Capsules from Holland & Barrett

• Thank you! I’ll look it up… 

• My husband is now three months past his partial gastrectomy and had been doing okay until recently.  He suddenly is finding it difficult to fit food and is losing weight quickly.  What's going on?

• Hi, so sorry to hear this! Could you get in touch with his surgeon and ask them. I’ve read on forums about people having stents put in the oesophagus to stretch it.

Sorry I can’t give you much help… hopefully he’ll get some help. 
    Michele