chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 25 subscribers

been given a diagnosis of terminal stomach cancer and being given palliative chemo starting next week, any recommendations as what to take with me for the chemo? how long it can last etc 

• Hi

I am so sorry that you find yourself here. I don't have any experience of stomach cancer as I previously had leukaemia. I am hoping that replying to your post will bump it back to the top of the posts and someone with more experience will answer soon.

You could also try the Living with incurable cancer forum which you can access by clicking HERE 

I had chemo in the past and it actually was OK whilst I was having it. I would take some magazines or a book to pass the time as things can often take longer than expected. Good luck and I hope it goes as well as it can.

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Hi, I’ve had stomach cancer so I could suggest a few things which helped me. Please message me. 

Debra
    Stomach cancer survivor
    There is always hope, you just need to open your eyes and heart Slight smile
  • Thanks Debra

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.